Digital Content and Marketing Assistant
Spend your days dreaming of cycling and posting on social media about it? Can you create a social media strategy which generates real engagement, not just counting likes? Could you produce digital content that’s so inspiring people want to shut the office and head to the hills on their bikes? Then we might have just the job for you.
Northern.cc are a small and passionate team, based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We work with some of the biggest clients in the cycling world and help them create inspirational events and experiences. Your role would be to help design and manage our digital content and marketing strategy. You will be looking after multiple clients across different platforms and will need to be both super-creative and technologically savvy.
We’re looking for someone able to do everything from sourcing the perfect image for Insta, to writing engaging copy in newsletters, to helping out on video shoots on the side of a hill. Your role will be varied, interesting and is likely to involve some overseas travel. You’d need to be a Mac user (or willing to learn), be a fan of decent coffee and be passionate about cycling.
- Content creation: Create shareable, interesting social media posts for the different brands that we work with. Research and plan a social media strategy using both in-house and third-party content. Liaise with our event partners and their media staff to obtain the rights for content usage.
- Media management: Manage our in-house media storage system, ensuring that content is correctly tagged and stored to facilitate easy and reliable access.
- Website and social media management: Manage the company’s different social media platforms – Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Komoot, LinkedIn etc. Produce compelling, shareable content both for our own website and for the different brand websites that we manage. Work collaboratively with our web design team to ensure the websites we manage are up to date and relevant to our customers.
- Community Management: Lead our digital interaction with customers and partners. Monitor and respond to comments, feedback and interaction – actively engaging customers whilst keeping a brand-appropriate tone of voice.
- Event communications: Work with the other Northern staff to manage the communication plan at the events that we attend.
- Third-party digital marketing projects: Work with partner companies when appropriate to support joint marketing projects.
- Produce regular summaries of social media and marketing performance metrics and use this information to inform future plans.
- A qualification in marketing, communications or be able to demonstrate relevant experience or skills.
- A passion for cycling or the outdoors in general.
- Experience in dealing with running multiple campaign deadlines and ability to prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Proven communication skills to create engaging and creative content.
- Experience of using social media platforms in a professional environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Some knowledge of graphic design and video editing software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, FCPX would be useful.
- Prior experience in cycling or outdoor sport events management is highly preferred.
- Be willing and able to work flexibly, being reactive to any ad-hoc tasks that may arise. Comfortable with working occasional weekends and long hours at events.
- Creative, practical and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Full driving licence.
£18-22k dependant on experience .. this is based on our flexible 4 day working week.
How to apply
We have a relaxed office environment, but we work hard. The coffee machine is always switched on, we’re always happy to chat about bikes and music, but when there is stuff to do, we get on with the job.
If you are interested in applying for the role, then email your CV and covering letter to Olly Townsend: [email protected]
The position would be based in our office located in the Ouseburn, in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Position is available immediately.