Northern Consultancy Co Ltd (“we/us/our“) is the host of the northern.cc Website and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be collected, stored, used, disclosed and otherwise processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We are the controller of your personal data that we collect from you or otherwise receive. This means that we determine the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. Personal data is any information relating to you as an identified or identifiable natural person (a “data subject“) We will process your personal data in accordance with this policy.
- Information we collect from you;
1.1. We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
- 1.1.1. Information you give us. This is information about you and is information which you give us by contacting us via our website or filling in online forms on our website at northern.cc (“our site” or “our website“), by communicating with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise, or by posting reviews on our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, billing address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information. Please be aware that if you fail to provide to us information that we ask for, we may be unable to provide services to you or otherwise to fulfil your requirements. It is important that we hold current information about you, so please provide us with any appropriate updates.
- 1.1.2. Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- 220.127.116.11 technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP“) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- 18.104.22.168 information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- 1.2. We do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children. If you are under the age of 18 please do not use this website or order products or services from us. Please, instead, ask an adult, such as your parent or guardian, to do these things for you.
- When you interact with northern.cc (the Site), we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Site.
- A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
- Remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get.
- Customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site.
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with visitors.
- Gather information about the pages on the Site that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is only collected by reference to the IP address that you are using, but does include information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider.
- Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
- Uses made of the information
3.1. We comply with the law. We will only use your personal data to the extent that the law allows us to do so. Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR“) we will rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal data:
- 3.1.1. where it is necessary to perform a contract we have entered into or are about to enter into with you;
- 3.1.2. where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests. Our legitimate interest means our interest in conducting and managing our charitable purposes, including enabling us to provide you and our other customers with the best products and services we can and the best and most secure experience when dealing with us. In assessing our legitimate interests, we make sure we consider and balance any potential impact (both positive and negative) on you and others and your rights;
- 3.1.3. where you have given us your consent.
3.2. Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- 3.2.1. to process an enquiry received from you, or to respond to an expression of interest from you in relation to Northern Consultancy Co or any event entry hosted upon our website;
- 3.2.2. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us in relation to Northern Consultancy Co or any event entry hosted upon our website;
- 3.2.3. to provide payments, rebates in relation to Northern Consultancy Co or any event entry hosted upon our website;
- 3.2.4. to moderate and publish reviews or comments that you post on our site;
- 3.2.5. to provide you with newsletters;
- 3.2.6. to provide you with information about future events from Northern Consultancy Co partners;
- 3.2.7. to provide your information to our marketing department who may contact you to request feedback and comments on Northern Consultancy Co’s website or to provide information to you which may be of interest to you;
- 3.2.8. to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and events which we feel may interest you. We will only contact existing participants by electronic means (such as e-mail or SMS) with information about Northern Consultancy Co or our event partners. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you will be able to withdraw your consent by contacting our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3.2.9. to notify you about changes to Northern Consultancy Co;
- 3.2.10. to try to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3.3. Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- 3.3.1. to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- 3.3.2. to improve our site to try to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 3.3.3. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- 3.3.4. as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- 3.3.5. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- 3.3.6. to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about content or hosted events.
3.4. Information we receive from other sources. We will use this information to combine with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
4.1. We will disclose your information with selected third parties including:
- 4.1.1. business partners, other partners whom we sponsor or work with, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or them, for example to process your entry fee or to promote the event;
- 4.1.2. advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- 4.1.3. entities who provide services to us in relation to marketing, in order to assist us in marketing to you as described above;
- 4.1.4. cloud service providers, including the entity that hosts this website, for the purposes of storage and such hosting;
- 4.1.5. analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- 4.1.6. credit card processors and other payment services providers, for the purposes of effecting payments by or to you.
- 4.1.7. We will disclose your personal data to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to: comply with any legal obligation; or to enforce or apply our standard terms and conditions of business and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where we store your personal data
5.1. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
5.2. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5.3. We will also require third parties to whom we disclose your personal data to take appropriate measures to ensure the security of your personal data and not to use it except for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- International transfers of personal data
6.1. We do not transfer your personal data outside the European economic area (EEA).
- Retention of personal data
7.1. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected your personal data.
7.2. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of that personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. If by law we are required to retain any information about our entrants or their interactions with us, we will retain your personal data insofar as required to comply with such law.
7.3. We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Your legal rights
8.1. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- 8.1.1. Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- 8.1.2. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- 8.1.3. Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data in certain other circumstances, namely where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- 8.1.4. Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- 8.1.5. Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- 8.1.6. Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to another person or entity. In that case we will provide to you, or to the person or entity to whom you wish us to transfer your personal data, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- 8.1.7. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- 8.1.8. Lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or another applicable regulator. If you have any complaints about the way in which we process your personal data please do contact us, as set out below, as we would appreciate the opportunity to resolve your complaint.
8.2. If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites or apps of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or apps, please note that these websites and apps have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or apps.