Do you know your Snapchat from your Stories? Can you create a social media strategy which generates real engagement, not just counting likes? Could you produce digital content that’s so inspiring that people want to turn off their computer and head to the hills on their bikes? Then we might have just the job for you.
Northern.cc are a small and passionate team, centred in Newcastle upon Tyne but we work remotely. We work with some of the biggest clients in the cycling world and help them create inspirational events and experiences. Your role would be to design and manage our digital content and marketing strategy. You will be looking after multiple clients across different platforms and will need to be both super-creative and technologically savvy.
We’re looking for someone able to do everything from sourcing the perfect image for Insta, to writing engaging copy for newsletters, to helping out on video shoots on the side of a hill. Your role will be varied, interesting and is likely to involve some overseas travel. You’d need to be passionate about cycling and the outdoor world and be just as happy standing in a muddy field as you are sat behind a desk.
We work to a 4-day week (generally Monday to Thursday). However due to the nature of the work, hours will be flexible and there will be some weekend working required. The role is remote and may include overseas travel.
- Content creation: Create shareable, interesting social media posts for the different brands that we work with. Research and plan a social media strategy using both in-house and third-party content. Liaise with our event partners and their media staff to obtain the rights for content usage.
- Media management: Manage our in-house media storage system, ensuring that content is correctly tagged and stored to facilitate easy and reliable remote access.
- Website and social media management: Manage the company’s different social media platforms – Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, komoot, LinkedIn etc. Produce compelling, shareable content both for our own website and for the different brand websites that we manage. Work collaboratively with our web design team to ensure the websites we manage are up to date and relevant to our customers.
- Establish and develop new relevant accounts on emerging platforms.
- Community Management: Lead our digital interaction with customers and partners. Monitor and respond to comments, feedback and interaction – actively engaging customers whilst keeping a brand-appropriate tone of voice.
- Event communications: Work with the other cc staff to manage the communication plan at the events that we attend.
- Third-party digital marketing projects: Work with partner companies when appropriate to support joint marketing projects.
- Produce regular summaries of social media and marketing performance metrics and use this information to inform future plans.
- Degree-level (or equivalent) qualification in marketing, communications or be able to demonstrate relevant experience.
- Experience in dealing with running multiple campaign deadlines and ability to prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Proven communication skills to create engaging and creative content.
- Ability to create and maintain process documentation to ensure consistency of work.
- Experience of using social media platforms in a professional environment.
- Good knowledge of the main social media management platforms such as Hootsuite.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of graphic design and video editing software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, FCPX/Adobe Premiere/Avid
- Prior experience in cycling or outdoor sport events management is highly preferred.
- Be willing and able to work flexibly, being reactive to any ad-hoc tasks that may arise. Comfortable with working occasional weekends and long hours at events.
- Creative, practical and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Full driving licence.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary to be discussed and will be dependant on experience but will be circa £20-30,000 per annum.
- A bonus related to profit scheme will be in place as part of the package.
- A company phone and laptop can provided where required.
- We do not cap holiday allowance. Holidays can be taken (upon approval) when needed.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the role, then email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com