Do you think you can herd cats? Can you accurately proofread copy? Are you a whizz with a spreadsheet? Can you keep track of multiple digital conversations? Are you an enthusiastic gravel rider or adventure cyclist? Then we might have just the job for you.
Northern.cc are a small and passionate team, based mainly in Newcastle upon Tyne. We work with some of the biggest clients in the cycling and outdoor adventure world and help them create inspirational events and experiences.
Your role though often varied would be to lead our brand ambassador work for our clients. Your weekly task will be varied from organising meet ups, approving expense claims, to proof reading copy for blog posts to dealing with event organisers and media contacts. You will be working as part of a small team and so your day to day will see you involved in all aspects of the business.
Your role will never be repetitive, always interesting and is likely to involve some weekend work and overseas travel. You can work remotely but will need to be willing to travel to Northern’s home in Newcastle upon Tyne on occasions.
- Content management – Producing and maintaining a summary of ambassador content ideas and event entry requirements; liaising with event organisers to arrange press places at relevant events; contributing to the regular content production plans; and managing ambassador content to meet deadlines.
- Content creation – Generating suggestions for content for social media posts & web content; researching and generating suggestions for ideas of events to include in an outdoor events calendar, creating relevant written and photographic content; and researching accommodation and transport options for content creation.
- Social Media – Monitoring and recording ambassadors’ social media output; producing monthly updates; and coordinating social media plans for events
- Administration – Managing invoices & checking expenses claims; dealing with general queries/correspondence from brand ambassadors via messenger or email; researching accommodation and transport options for physical get togethers; overseeing sourcing/ordering of spare parts/kit for riders; and input into the annual review process for our brand ambassadors.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working with (or as) a brand ambassador.
- Be comfortable with working as part of a remote team, with regular in-person meet-ups.
- Ability to create and maintain process documentation to ensure consistency of work.
- Experience of using social media platforms in a professional environment.
- Experience of using remote working tools such as Slack, Dropbox, Teams etc
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of producing compelling written and/or photographic content for marketing purposes.
- Experience in dealing with managing multiple deadlines and ability to prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Be willing and able to work flexibly, being reactive to any ad-hoc tasks that may arise.
- Be comfortable with working occasional weekends and long hours at events.
- Be creative, practical and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Full driving licence.
The role is based remotely, but with fixed core hours based on UK office hours.
Dependent on experience and weekly hours, but circa £25-30,000 for the right candidate (This will be pro rata based on a 37.5 hour week). A bonus related to profit scheme will be in place as part of the package. Company Mac laptop will be provided.
How to apply
The application date for this job posting has now expired.